EQ2 Vs EQ
terryc
2009-06-24 05:54:49 UTC
What is Everquest 2 like compared to EQ?
Basically, is it just the same game with newer graphics?
Does it use direct X (convinved this is a pile f crud, or is it just EQ
programmers).
JimP
2009-06-24 22:47:20 UTC
Post by terryc
What is Everquest 2 like compared to EQ?
Basically, is it just the same game with newer graphics?
Does it use direct X (convinved this is a pile f crud, or is it just EQ
programmers).
No Luclin nor Vah Shir in EQ2. I've never played EQ2, so I don't know
of other differences.

JimP.
--
Brushing aside the thorns so I can see the stars.
http://www.linuxgazette.net/ Linux Gazette
http://poetry.drivein-jim.net/ April 25, 2009
Don Woods
2009-06-25 06:19:35 UTC
Post by JimP
Post by terryc
What is Everquest 2 like compared to EQ?
Basically, is it just the same game with newer graphics?
Does it use direct X (convinved this is a pile f crud, or is it just EQ
programmers).
No Luclin nor Vah Shir in EQ2. I've never played EQ2, so I don't know
of other differences.
There are definitely differences in the "rules", but I've never played
it either so I don't know the details. But I believe it uses different
rules for who gets credit/loot for a kill, for instance, and many other
equally fundamental changes. I think it's set in some future version
of Norrath, so some of the EQ setting might be distant history, but
there've been enough cataclysmic events that even the geography doesn't
all match (even beyond the newer graphics meaning they can fit more area
in a "zone").

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 83 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 65 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 59 on E. Marr remove the "hyphen n s"
-- Wizbeau, Wizard 36 on E. Marr