New huge undercon mob in Field of Bone, rotting flesh hunter
Bat Child (Sue M.)
2003-10-20 05:10:53 UTC
I don't know how many of you have run across this guy yet, but there
is a new mob in Field of Bone called "a rotting flesh hunter". It
kind of looks like a little gray dinosaur and I got jumped by it on
the north side of the pit area. It's supposedly only a level 14 mob
but it was hitting me for like 62 points damage each time (I didn't
even bother fighting it, just zoned into Kurns Tower), and apparently
from what I have read on other message boards, it has like about
5000-7000 HP and even players in their 50s said it took them a while
to kill it off, though it does start the death march when it gets to
50% health. Apparently the only thing it drops is zombie flesh.

There's more info about it available at:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=13458

http://members.cox.net/batchild1
http://members.cox.net/scorseseinfo
Huta Thunkit(TZ)
2003-10-20 07:11:15 UTC
:
: There's more info about it available at:
:
: http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=13458
:
:
: http://members.cox.net/batchild1
: http://members.cox.net/scorseseinfo

I killed it 2 time last night. Both times it had 5500 +/- 20 HP. at level
49 with 1100 ac it was hitting for about 20 on average. I was in fob simply
to save people from this monster. I hope they fix it soon. I watched it go
through a group of 14 - 16 's in about 30 seconds before I could get there.
P2
2003-12-30 15:09:56 UTC
Post by Huta Thunkit(TZ)
[...]
It's simple; they felt paludal caverns was being under-used. Thus, they make
other newby zones unuseable. Watch as they introduce sauron into misty
thicket and the ring-wraiths into qeynos!

Seriously though, i have the feeling some programmer fell asleep on the
keyboard when typing in their hits so it was 7777777777777777777777777 like
the bandits in WK at one stage.
Vladesch
2004-01-10 03:43:16 UTC
Post by Huta Thunkit(TZ)
through a group of 14 - 16 's in about 30 seconds before I could get
there.
It's simple; they felt paludal caverns was being under-used. Thus, they make
other newby zones unuseable. Watch as they introduce sauron into misty
thicket and the ring-wraiths into qeynos!
Seriously though, i have the feeling some programmer fell asleep on the
keyboard when typing in their hits so it was 7777777777777777777777777 like
the bandits in WK at one stage.
This might be a good zone for xping a level 30-50 enchanter. Something like
this would make an excellent pet, just not sure if theres anything to hunt.
Newbie guards would be too tough.

Hamsterface
2003-10-20 09:11:44 UTC
Ah! That explains a lot. Met it with a level 19 or so Paladin and as
it ws down at 52% health and no one was around fighting it (thought
there might be a dotter hiding around somewhere!) I thought "Aha !
Easy experience".

A little while into the fight and I was getting slightly chewed (AC is
a bit twinked). It's hitpoints seemed to have barely changed.

Decided to make a strategic retreat !

Cheers.
Rumbledor
2003-10-20 11:55:01 UTC
Post by Bat Child (Sue M.)
I don't know how many of you have run across this guy yet, but there
is a new mob in Field of Bone called "a rotting flesh hunter". It
kind of looks like a little gray dinosaur and I got jumped by it on
the north side of the pit area. It's supposedly only a level 14 mob
but it was hitting me for like 62 points damage each time (I didn't
even bother fighting it, just zoned into Kurns Tower), and apparently
from what I have read on other message boards, it has like about
5000-7000 HP and even players in their 50s said it took them a while
to kill it off, though it does start the death march when it gets to
50% health. Apparently the only thing it drops is zombie flesh.
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=13458
http://members.cox.net/batchild1
http://members.cox.net/scorseseinfo
Yep. Yellow to me at 10-12-ish. I had been taking yellows with ease, so I
jumped it. It took me like two seconds to see what it was hitting for what
I was *not* hitting for (nada), so I just decided to lay there and enjoy
it, so to speak.
--
Rumble