Boat between Faydark 7 rO leaves from where?
terryc
2009-06-23 07:20:50 UTC
Returning after six years I'm a bit confused about where the boat leaves
Faydark for Ro.

I could swear it was the place they now call Nerida's Landing, but that
seems to have had a complet make over.
JimP
2009-06-23 09:50:38 UTC
Post by terryc
Returning after six years I'm a bit confused about where the boat leaves
Faydark for Ro.
I could swear it was the place they now call Nerida's Landing, but that
seems to have had a complet make over.
Boats ? What boats ? I use pok books.

JimP.
--
Brushing aside the thorns so I can see the stars.
http://www.linuxgazette.net/ Linux Gazette
http://poetry.drivein-jim.net/ April 25, 2009
terryc
2009-06-23 14:07:57 UTC
Post by JimP
Post by terryc
Returning after six years I'm a bit confused about where the boat leaves
Faydark for Ro.
I could swear it was the place they now call Nerida's Landing, but that
seems to have had a complet make over.
Boats ? What boats ? I use pok books.
Lol, old school. Finally worked out that as well as boats and PoK books,
there are now mages doing transports. As I entered Butcherblook, I came
across a mage offering transport to Nederia's Landing and said yes
thinking it was the Butcher block port.

It isn't and turned out to be somewhere in Antonica. Still haven't a clue
where. Eventually found a mage to take me back to BB and found the port.

eassurring the nation that one law still exists for the rich
and another for the poor. After a personal visit;
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/04/27/2553855.htm
JimP
2009-06-23 21:29:09 UTC
Post by terryc
Post by JimP
Post by terryc
Returning after six years I'm a bit confused about where the boat leaves
Faydark for Ro.
I could swear it was the place they now call Nerida's Landing, but that
seems to have had a complet make over.
Boats ? What boats ? I use pok books.
Lol, old school. Finally worked out that as well as boats and PoK books,
there are now mages doing transports. As I entered Butcherblook, I came
across a mage offering transport to Nederia's Landing and said yes
thinking it was the Butcher block port.
It isn't and turned out to be somewhere in Antonica. Still haven't a clue
where. Eventually found a mage to take me back to BB and found the port.
The magus in guild lobby does the Nedaria's Landing port.

JimP.
Don Woods
2009-06-24 01:27:17 UTC
Post by JimP
Post by terryc
Lol, old school. Finally worked out that as well as boats and PoK books,
there are now mages doing transports. As I entered Butcherblook, I came
across a mage offering transport to Nederia's Landing and said yes
thinking it was the Butcher block port.
It isn't and turned out to be somewhere in Antonica. Still haven't a clue
where. Eventually found a mage to take me back to BB and found the port.
The magus in guild lobby does the Nedaria's Landing port.
There's also magi at each of the LDON camps, one of which is in
Butcherblock near the zone-out to Greater Faydark. The magi will
transport you to any other LDON camp, or to Nedaria's Landing.
The magus at Nedaria's Landing will send you to any LDON camp, or
to the ship parked in Abysmal Sea, or to Natimbi on the other side
of Abysmal Sea. At some point they added the magus in the Guild
Lobby, who offers outbound ports to the LDON camps and Nedaria's,
but there is no corresponding inbound port from those.

There are also the teleporter gnomes. Whenever the boats are so
broken that they can't be used, gnomes are posted to offer teleports
between the boat stops. These days, this means virtually all boats,
all the time. The boat from Butcherblock through Ocean of Tears to
(I think) Freeport is one, and it's extremely fast crossing Ocean of
Tears so is good for that. Most of the other boats haven't been
operating for years, though every once in a while one of them may be
back in service for a week or so before vanishing again.

-- Don (who STILL hopes someday to ride the icebreaker to Velious)

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 83 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 65 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 59 on E. Marr remove the "hyphen n s"
-- Wizbeau, Wizard 36 on E. Marr
terryc
2009-06-24 01:33:38 UTC
Is guild lobby where you go to choose/make contact with a guild?
JimP
2009-06-24 22:46:21 UTC
Post by terryc
Post by JimP
The magus in guild lobby does the Nedaria's Landing port.
Is guild lobby where you go to choose/make contact with a guild?
You can, there are some guild notice boards there. But it is also
where one of the ldon magus NPCs are lcoated, and buff timers down't
count down. 2 banks, 2 bind NPCs, a 'birdbath' for augments.

JimP.
Don Woods
2009-06-25 06:15:33 UTC
Post by JimP
Post by terryc
Post by JimP
The magus in guild lobby does the Nedaria's Landing port.
Is guild lobby where you go to choose/make contact with a guild?
You can, there are some guild notice boards there. But it is also
where one of the ldon magus NPCs are lcoated, and buff timers down't
count down. 2 banks, 2 bind NPCs, a 'birdbath' for augments.
Right, the notice boards are one way to contact a guild, though not all
guilds necessarily post stuff there. Pickup groups remain a fine way
to meet up with people from many guilds.

As JimP says, there are many other amenities in the Lobby. Plus of
course there are the doors from the Lobby into the Guild Hall, which
are active for you only if you're in a guild, of course. And the lobby
has NPCs who will summon your corpses, for a price, so you don't have
go find them (and bring a cleric) if that's too much of a bother.

All of that combines to make the Guild Lobby the place where most people
"hang out", the way it used to be in front of the main bank in PoK. And
now, when folks cast mass buffs on you while you're AFK, the buff timers
don't tick down!

-- Don.

-- Wizbeau, Wizard 36 on E. Marr
terryc
2009-06-25 07:24:31 UTC
And the lobby has
NPCs who will summon your corpses, for a price, so you don't have go
find them (and bring a cleric) if that's too much of a bother.
Err, do you have to do that still?
I've died and was just revived (no choice) at my soul binder?

In the past, as a bard, was always doing corpse recovery for other peeps.
JimP
2009-06-25 09:44:36 UTC
Post by terryc
And the lobby has
NPCs who will summon your corpses, for a price, so you don't have go
find them (and bring a cleric) if that's too much of a bother.
Err, do you have to do that still?
I've died and was just revived (no choice) at my soul binder?
In the past, as a bard, was always doing corpse recovery for other peeps.
You keep your gear these days, but you still lose experience points
unless you rez.

JimP.
terryc
2009-06-25 10:32:07 UTC
Post by JimP
Post by terryc
In the past, as a bard, was always doing corpse recovery for other peeps.
You keep your gear these days, but you still lose experience points
unless you rez.
Okay. do you mean that someone else rezzes you?
2nd death and it listed a rez in place, butit was greyed out.
JimP
2009-06-25 22:41:33 UTC
Post by terryc
Post by JimP
Post by terryc
In the past, as a bard, was always doing corpse recovery for other peeps.
You keep your gear these days, but you still lose experience points
unless you rez.
Okay. do you mean that someone else rezzes you?
2nd death and it listed a rez in place, butit was greyed out.
Yup. In guild lobby is where I bind after the tutorial. Most of the
time there is someone in there to do a rez.

Hmm... Mine aren't grayed out.

JimP.
Don Woods
2009-06-29 22:08:00 UTC
Post by JimP
Post by terryc
Post by JimP
You keep your gear these days, but you still lose experience points
unless you rez.
Okay. do you mean that someone else rezzes you?
2nd death and it listed a rez in place, butit was greyed out.
Yup. In guild lobby is where I bind after the tutorial. Most of the
time there is someone in there to do a rez.
Hmm... Mine aren't grayed out.
I think the "greyed out" was referring to the respawn window.
Here's how that works these days:

When you die, your viewpoint stays at your corpse for a while.
(You usually can't change the camera angle, but you can hear stuff
going on nearby and your chat window may show continuing battle if
there are others still fighting.) You get a "respawn window" that
shows your choices, which are:

1) Reappear at your bind location.
2) Resurrect and reappear at your corpse.

There's also a timer ticking down, and when it runs out you will
automatically reappear at your bind location (choice 1).

The second choice is greyed out until someone actually casts a
resurrection spell on your corpse. If someone DOES cast it, and
you accept the resurrection, then the second respawn choice goes
green and you can select it and click the button to reappear where
your corpse was. You still have all the usual downsides of having
died and resurrected -- "rez sickness" debuff, etc. The only real
difference between this vs popping to your bind point and then
popping back when someone casts the resurrection, is that you don't
have to zone twice, provided the resurrection is cast before the
respawn window timer runs out.

As JimP says, even though you keep your gear now when you die and
reappear at your spawn point, you do still lose experience, so you
want to get someone to rez your corpse to get back (most of) the xp.
To do that, you need the corpse. You can either run and find it
like in the good old days (and bring a cleric or other rezzer with
you; a healer-type mercenary for instance), or pay to have the
corpse magically transferred to the Guild Lobby, where you can
usually find a cleric willing to rez you.

-- Don.

-- Wizbeau, Wizard 36 on E. Marr
terryc
2009-06-30 02:28:05 UTC
Post by Don Woods
As JimP says, even though you keep your gear now when you die and
reappear at your spawn point, you do still lose experience, so you want
to get someone to rez your corpse to get back (most of) the xp. To do
that, you need the corpse. You can either run and find it like in the
good old days (and bring a cleric or other rezzer with you; a
healer-type mercenary for instance), or pay to have the corpse magically
transferred to the Guild Lobby, where you can usually find a cleric
willing to rez you.
Thank you all for the comprehensive update.